Scripture of the Day

Monday, March 8, 2010

Situational Leadership

There are several types or styles of leadership. Have you ever thought about your style? Do you know the styles? Here are a few.

Transformational- looks to bring about change in others
Transactional- by the book, no room for improvising
Charismatic-The leaders personality is strong enough to overcome all
Situational- Adjusting the style to fit the situation
Autocratic- The leader is more of a dictator
Laissez-Faire- A hands off approach

We will cover the pros and cons of each as we go through the week. The style I have tried to learn and use is Situational mixed with Transformational. I feel these two style are the best mix and will bring about long term success in any endeavor.

Based on this, we will spend more time on these than the other styles listed above, which by the way is not an all inclusive list. Depending on where you search or who's theories you subscribe too may offer differing styles.

Regardless as a leader you should be aware of the different styles, how they differ, and more importantly which one you are.

Take time today and research leadership styles. We can compare notes as we progress, god bless!

2 comments:

  1. I can most definetley decide who I am from your list of 5. Charismatic and Laissez-Faire probably define me more than the others. Whether thats good or bad I am unsure, but I do know that with those two characteristics, I gain trust and compliance which are both important aspects of life to me. Keep writing brilliantly pops. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing who you really are is a major step toward true success. You can now either improve who you are or change what you need to. Thanks for your comments, love you too.

    ReplyDelete