Scripture of the Day

Monday, March 22, 2010

Preparation

All great leaders start the day with a preparation exercise. Whether it is praying, using a planner, reading, doing affirmations or all of the above. They realize how important it is to be properly prepared to face the day.

1 Peter 1:13 is a great scripture for this.

My preparation consists of the following:
1. prayer.
2. reading daily devotional with my wife. We use Leadership Promises, by John Maxwell.
3. write and verbalize my affirmations.
4. write and verbalize my life mission statement.
5. read at least 15 minutes.
6. write and verbalize my 10 action steps.
7. write and verbalize my short and long term goals.
8. make sure my planner is current through the week.

At first thought you may think you don't have the time to do this each morning. As a real leader though you'll know and understand the importance. It takes less than 30 minutes to accomplish this.

Could you imagine an NFL teams simply showing up for games with preparing themselves? Of course not, why should you show up for the day with preparation? You shouldn't.

Take the time and set a routine for each day, the results will be astonishing! Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment