Scripture of the Day

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

I ran across this quote on Friday and at first it didn't really mean much. It was part of one of those annoying forwarded emails which I usually delete without opening. However i opened this and was glad. Doesn't mean I'll open any others so please don't flood my inbox with chain emails and such. Thank you in advance.

This email had 20 or so goofy quotes including the title of this weeks blog. So I pondered this profound philosophy all weekend and came up with the following:

Bad decisions make good stories only when there is a happy ending. Otherwise bad decisions make horrible stories. On the flip side good decisions make great stories, don't they? Why do we make bad decisions?

So when do bad decisions make good stories? One of my beliefs is people only change when one or both of two specific things occur in their life.
1. A catastrophic situation. Death in the family, near death to the person or another type of desperate situation.
2. An encounter with the Holy Spirit. Not any type of encounter but a meaningful gut wrenching type of encounter. This usually happens after #1 occurs.

Bad Decisions can make good stories if they lead to change and receiving God's blessings.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great way of looking at it. People always ask me how I have so many stories. I never really now how to answer without sounding like I am glorifying a bad decision. Now I have an answer. Love you Dad and had a great time seeing you twice this weekend.

    ReplyDelete