Scripture of the Day

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sowing and Reaping

Galatians 6:7-10 happens to be one of my favorite passages from the bible. The reason is because you can apply the teaching to any situation in your life. When you really think about it, you are constantly sowing and reaping each moment of each day.

What happens to you in the future has a direct correlation of what you did in the past. This applies in all things. Your future is shaped by the things and decisions you already made. You will sow what you reap.

I am a believer in Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and Savior. I am not a bible scholar so please be easy on me here. This is how I interpret this passage.

God will make sure that all things sown in the flesh will reap bad seeds. All things sown in the spirit will reap great harvest. I think I already said this numerous times. But its a fact.

Here is the part that often gets left out. It will take time to see the fruits of your work. Do not stop sowing good seeds because there is not a quick harvest. All things happen on God's time, not when we want them too. Hang in there and continue to do the right things in life, you will receive the blessing.

There will also be times when you sow good seeds and bad things happen. Once again, hang in there and continue to do good. As the passage says, God will not be mocked, you will reap what you sow. But only on God's time.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment