Scripture of the Day

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Leaders are Readers

Reading teaches you new ways of thinking about the same subjects.

I started back to college at age 44 as an insurance policy in case of job loss. There was an additional benefit I received and one I never dreamed of.

At home I would sent hours studying algebra, philosophy, marketing, history and the rest of the general subjects needed to obtain my degree. The one thing I didn't think about was work. This kept me fresh and it also helped me view my job duties from a completely new perspective.

Instead of thinking about trucking 24/7 I thought about other things and left work at work. Each morning when I arrived at the office I had an entirely different perspective of the same old job.

Reading was one of the keys. It forced my mind to open up and absorb new subjects and think differently about familiar subjects. It helped me rise above the competition and move on to a much better job and lifestyle.

Reading is vital to success! Gob Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment