Scripture of the Day

Monday, April 5, 2010

Why cant every day be Easter?

During the last week while reflecting on the resurrection of Jesus a thought occurred. Why cant every day be our own resurrection?

Romans 8:13 says For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live(NIV).

Taking this to a personal level, why can't we experience a personal resurrection every morning?

How will I accomplish this? Everyday when I wake I"ll do the following:

Rededicate my life to Jesus
Repent for my sins
Have a fresh positive outlook for the day
Bless someone, somehow
Resist temptations by praying

The pressures of life can be great and overwhelming at times. When we start the day right, we'll have a much better chance to make it through and be successful in our walk with God. See Romans 7:14-25 for more information.

Are you up for the challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, this topic has been stirring inside for a while. Easter made it a reality. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is perfect, we all need to rededicate ourselves daily, and renew our relationship with our Lord and Savior everyday. Die to ourselves and be filled with his strength in order to do what is impossible to us. Great word my love!

    ReplyDelete