Scripture of the Day

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Building a Solid Foundation For Leadership, Pt 2


On a previous post, we identified the six major styles of leadership. They are:

1. Charismatic
2. Transactional
3. Transformational
4. Participative
5. Situational
6. Servant

The style(s) which work best for me are Situational combined with Servant.

Situational Leadership forces you to re-think every situation as it happens. You may even make two different decisions to similar problems because of the overall circumstances.

When the two are combined, not only can you adjust as needed. You also put others first. This is an unbeatable approach to leading others.

However, to make this work, you'll need a solid foundation. If not, you may lose your effectiveness and be perceived as a Chameleon (The type of leader who is always changing his decisions to blend in). 

My foundation is reflected by my personal mission statement. 

My life purpose is to help restore others to fulfill their purpose using God as the foundation. I focus on who I am and display the highest level of morals, values and integrity at all times.

I view my statement in the shape of a pyramid. I chose this shape for two reasons. First. pyramids are impossible to blow over. Second, I can label each corner of the pyramid with my morals, my values and my integrity. Then holding it all together is God who sits on the peak.

Regardless of which style you prefer, you must build a strong foundation to be successful.

3 comments:

  1. great post, thanks for the input and leadership! i appreciate the gift of God in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of the Lord is my strenght! Your post brought this scripture to my attention. Jesus first, others second, You last. JOY wow your post just broke it down nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments make this a worthwhile endeavor. Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete