Scripture of the Day

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Face of Betrayal, Lis Wiehl

Face Of Betrayal
Lis Wiehl
Thomas Nelson

I joined booksneeze.com. This was started by Michael Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. By joining you can receive free books if you agree to do a review on them once you complete them. The link is at the bottom of the page.

Face of Betrayal, is an interesting story of three lady friends that work together to help solve crimes while working on their own lives. Had sort of a CSI feel to it.

The story moves along fairly well although it had too many subplots for me to deal with. I was disappointed in the lack of a solid christian perspective. There were a few prayers scattered throughout and that was really about all. I felt the three main characters could have been defined deeper. More about their past would have added great dimension to the story line.

Overall the book was good and I would recommend it as a secular more than a christian novel. My two daughters, ages 21 and 19 are looking forward to reading this book and they will enjoy it. I would read another book by Lis Wiehl.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. If articulated correctly and in a non-argumentative manner, I love to hear those opinions. To be a critic doesn't mean that you are saying things to hurt others but in a way telling them what you would have done different. When you put a lot of time into something and you finish it, it becomes something you are proud of cause you did it yourself. When you finish your book, will you be able to handle critism? There will always be someone who would have done something different. Is that something that might bother you, honestly, and if so, what have you done personally to deal this upcoming emotion?

    I love you tremendously Dad and I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the whole critique process is to learn how to write better and how to handle critique when my turn comes. The reason for book sneeze is to generate true unbiased reviews, not sugar-coated compliments. That is precisely what I would like. Thanks for your comments, love you too.

    ReplyDelete