Scripture of the Day

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goals and Change pt 5

We have covered the five conditions for proper goal setting. Now lets show some examples. Please note I am not diminishing the goals in the "not good". Only the way they are structured.

Good: I want to increase my earnings by 20% over the next 6 months.
Not Good: I want to make more money

Good: I will be at every basketball game my son this season
Not Good: I need to spend more time with my son.

Good: I will write 3000 words per week for the next 6 months.
Not Good: I need to finish my next soon.

Goals do not have to be complicated or complex to be effective. They are best when they are simple, especially if you are new at this.

I read somewhere only 3% of the population have written goals. Yet those 3% earn more than the entire 97% without written goals combined.

Next week we will explore how to reach the goals you have set this week. Have a great weekend and may God continue to bless and protect you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment