Scripture of the Day

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Personal Commitment Dynamic

As we discuss preparation in more detail, it is imperative that you decide for yourself how you will prepare. Everyone has differing goals, and personalities. Because of this each person will prepare in their own way. Here is what I do each morning.

1. Read my Bible or a devotional.
2. Record my affirmations, personal mission statement, goals, and daily priorities.
3. Check my planner to see my appointments for the day, and add new items.

These are fundamentals for me. I do them everyday even when on vacation.

Throughout the day I prepare for meetings by reviewing the subject matter ahead of time. I ask myself questions and try to anticipate what others will ask so I can be ready. As a side note I like to talk early in meetings. I find the longer I am silent, the harder it becomes to get fully involved.

At night I get ready for the next day by:

1. Reviewing my schedule and adding any new items.
2. Writing a new blog post, when needed.
3. Reading.
4. Praying.

These are fundamentals for me as well.

You can see there is not a tremendous amount of time or effort needed to prepare yourself. Develop your own system of preparation and reap the rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment